Ceviche was originated in Peru and enjoyed throughout South America. It can be the main course, but usually, it is served as an appetizer. Some of the main flavors are fish, key lime, lemon, onion, and peppers. This vegan ceviche dish is absolutely delicious especially by replacing the fish with heats of palm.
- 2 20oz jars hearts of palm
- 4 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 red onion
- 4 jalepeños deseeded + finely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 small cucumbers
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 avocados
- juice of 4 limes + 1 for garnish
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortilla chips or salad for serving
- Drain the water from the hearts of palm and chop it into large chunks. In a medium bowl combine the hearts of palm with the remaining ingredients.
- Deseed the avocados and slice them into large chunks. Stir the avocado into the hearts of palm ceviche. Enjoy with chips or as a salad.
* will keep up to 4-5 days in a closed container in the frige