I’ve made basic vegan tofu scramble in the past and it was always passable and I would always remind myself that I am eating a protein fill meatless healthy breakfast and that I will enjoy lunch (all this was said for motivation to finish the breakfast lol). This recipe changed the game of tofu scramble forever. Especially when you add these simple, but delicious sides.
- 8oz (~220g) Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt (Kala Namak)*
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Soy Milk
- Black Pepper
- Chopped Chives
- Fried Tomatoes
- Sliced Avocado
- Mash the tofu with a fork but leave some nice big chunks.
- Add the nutritional yeast, turmeric, paprika, dijon mustard, garlic powder, black salt, and onion powder to a bowl. Then add the soy milk and whisk it in so you have a nice sauce.
- Add the vegan butter to a frying pan and heat until hot. Add the tofu and fry it until lightly browned, being careful not to break it up too much when moving it around the pan.
- Add the sauce and fold it in. Fry it until you’ve achieved the desired consistency, the tofu will absorb the sauce so you can have it as wet or as dry as you like.
- Top with some black pepper and chopped chives and serve with some fried tomatoes and sliced avocado.