You really don’t miss anything being vegan. There are so many options just for one simple thing. For example, there are so many vegan chicken nugget recipes. Same thing for vegan burger recipes. It really blows my mind that so much can come from plants. This recipe is a favorite amongst some vegans because it doesn’t require tofu. I will also be sharing a tofu vegan chicken nugget recipe for those who do love tofu.
- cooked chickpeas (either canned or you can cook them yourself)
- one onion
- garlic powder
- paprika powder (I like smoked paprika)
- rolled oats
- nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
- panko bread crumbs
1. Step: Start by preparing the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Crumble the cornflakes with your hands in small pieces. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the panko bread crumbs and cornflakes on top.
2. Step: Bake for about 2 minutes until golden-brown. Set aside.
3. Step: In a small pan, heat some oil and sauté the onion for about 3 minutes. Set aside.
4. Step: Then place the oats into your food processor or blender and process into a fine flour.
5. Step: Add the rest of the ingredients (including the cooked onion).
6. Step: Pulse until you get a crumbly mixture.
7. Step: Divide the chickpea mixture into 14 equal portions and form each portion into a nugget.
8. Step: Coat with some almond milk. Use a pastry brush to do this.
9. Step: Roll the vegan chicken nuggets in the baked panko bread crumbs and cornflakes.
10. Step: Place the coated “chicken” nuggets on a new sheet of parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.