Eggless french toast is on the raise! Add that vegan butter for more butter joy in every bite. I typically enjoy a berry jam on my french toast and pancakes. I also enjoy a real authentic maple syrup on top too!
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk (250 ml), I used almond milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 6 slices of bread, see notes
- Vegan butter or oil
- Mix all the batter ingredients (flour, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt) in a shallow dish until well combined. You can also blend them so they mix better.
- Coat both sides of the toasts in batter until completely covered. Soak each one of them for about 30 seconds (be careful not to soak them too much. If they get soggy, they might break).
- Heat a little bit of butter or oil in a pan or griddle and add the toasts. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings (I added maple syrup and homemade vegan butter).
- Keep the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Any type of flour will work (also gluten-free).
- Use any kind of sweetener as well.
- The original recipe is made with Italian bread, brioche or sliced bread (always soft bread). I used vegan sliced bread without too many additives and preservatives.
- Stale bread works best for French toasts.
- Using butter will make the toasts tastier, but coconut oil is also delicious and healthier. Any kind of oil will work, though.