Fluffy and light vegan pancakes! Vegan breakfast menu on the weekend is complemented by these fluffy vegan pancakes with tempeh bacon and tofu scrambled. This is a breakfast I look forward to indefinitely.
- 1 1/2 cups white spelt flour you can use all-purpose flour if you wish
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk I use unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 3 Tablespoons organic canola oil or coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- vegan buttery spread for pan
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients, and let rise for about five minutes.
- Melt a tablespoon of vegan buttery spread in a large frying pan over medium heat (I have an electric stove and put the burner at about 5).
- Spoon the batter into the pan, and cook until you see the edges starting to turn golden brown (about 5 minutes or so).
- Flip pancakes and continue to cook until done, about 3 more minutes.
- Serve with vegan buttery spread and syrup, or desired fruit topping.